“Here’s a nice shot from the Boston University archives of the Essex St. Bridge, colloquially known as the Cottage Farm Bridge, circa 1925. Replaced by the Cottage Farm Bridge, opened 1929 (renamed Boston University Bridge in 1948.) Prominent in the photo are the old Ford factory and the temporary bridge at Vassar St. No thought of BU, Memorial Drive or the Massachusetts Turnpike. Thanks Scott Ruffinen.”
Correction: Memorial Drive is present in the photo, but it looks like Storrow is not. Also, the bridge that is closest to the bottom right corner no longer exists.